Our client is a successful OEM manufacturer based in the Tyne and Wear area with an international client base. The company has experienced significant growth and now wish to appoint a Buyer within their manufacturing facility. The primary purpose of the individual within this role is to successfully purchase and expedite products and services in order to meet the demands of both production and spare parts.
Duties will include:
- Inputting orders into the MRP system
- Expediting and rescheduling orders
- Forecasting and placing purchase orders
- Sourcing and negotiating with existing and alternative suppliers
- Supplier relationship management
- Liaising with production and planning departments to ensure timely material availability
- Control of material stock levels
- Ongoing maintenance of MRP system
- Promotion of purchasing best practice principles throughout the department and the organisation
- Liaising with Engineering and Quality Departments for product approval
The successful applicant will have;
- Excellent communication both written and verbal.
- An in depth understanding of the principles of purchasing and cost-effectiveness
- Proficiency using MS Office
- Previous experience using an MRP system
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing organisation.
- The ability to meet deadlines and formulate strategies