Our client is a highly successful Engineering business in the North East. They are currently looking for a Control Systems Team Lead to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Systems Product Lead, the Control Systems Team Lead will have responsibility for the delivery/output of the controls team and work within the systems team to provide coordinated delivery of integrated Control, Electrical and Hydraulic System Solutions.
The Control Systems Team Lead Role
Other duties will include:
- Provide technical expertise, mentorship and leadership to the control system team.
- Provide supervision and oversight of projects / bid work that are performed within the Control System discipline
- Co-ordinate, drive and motivate the Control team to deliver the appropriate solution in an efficient manner and according to the project budget & schedule.
- Manage the team to deliver the design, implementation and commissioning of PLC/SCADA control system solutions.
- Design & development of PLC & SCADA based control system solutions that fully comply with project technical requirements and are achieved within the allotted schedule and budget.
- Manage the development and maintenance of in-house design standards & processes with a focus on adoption of best practice and re-use of design
- Responsible for carrying out PDP’s/Appraisals and ensuring staff have the correct level of training & development to carry out their role and to meet company objectives
- Provide concept proposal development and costing support to the Sales / Business Development team
- Provide technical support and guidance to the aftersales/service team
The successful Control Systems Team Lead will be able to demonstrate several years of experience in leading design of bespoke projects and product development. You will have the ability to lead, delegate and support the Engineering project team in order to deliver to specification, budget and timescale. You will be a strong leader who can lead, delegate and support the Engineering project team in order to deliver to specification, budget and timescale.
Other requirements include:
- As a minimum, educated to an Engineering Degree level
- Desirably, be a Member/Fellow of a recognised Engineering body (eg IET) with Chartered Engineer status.
- Previous experience of dealing with customers in technical discussions and supporting the project management and commercial teams in negotiations
- Experience of all phases of a project, concept design through to commissioning / client acceptance tests
- In depth knowledge and experience in design, manufacture and commissioning of some or all of the following: Sub Sea Vehicles, Cable lay equipment, Pipe lay equipment, LARS and bespoke onshore and offshore handling equipment.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant technologies (e.g. PLC’s and SCADA) and engineering design (e.g. design codes, International standards etc).
- Ability to provide technical guidance to the Control System team, ensuring that Engineers have technical direction, clear project deliverables and that all hours expended on the project are adding value.
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving with the required experience to make key decisions throughout the project.
- Committed and focused on delivery with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced Engineering projects environment
Previous jobs may have included: SCADA, Siemens, Instrumentation
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful