Our client is a specialised global manufacturer in the Oil and Gas, Power, Petrochemical and Marine markets. Based in South Shields, they are currently looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent, full-time basis.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for generating designs, internal research and development activities as well as associated documentation in support of pre and post customer contracts.
- To undertake conceptual design work in support of bearing tenders, and detail design work for contracts and new product development
- To produce and manage models and engineering drawings within the company’s computer-aided design (CAD) systems
- To utilise the company’s component databases to promote the reuse of existing designs
- To perform bearing performance calculations using the company’s suite of software
- To perform structural strength of materials calculations to support bearing designs
- To participate in design review meetings
- To liaise with other departments, customers and suppliers in support of the above
- To prepare a list of parts that forms the skeleton for the bill of materials
- To generate and transfer the required departmental design documentation deliverables
- To maintain component part records in the company database systems, as well as other documents required by business quality system processes
- To always propose the most cost-effective design
- To work in a safe manner, driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
The working hours for this role are 37-Hours per week, however, the successful candidate must be flexible to additional hours of work where required.
The successful Design Engineer will be self-motivated, efficient and committed to both quality and continuous improvement.
- HNC level or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with the ability to demonstrate knowledge of the strength of materials
- Able to demonstrate a strong mechanical design background and sound knowledge of strength of materials
- Skilled in the application of ISO limits and fits Able to produce technical drawings to a recognised standard
- Familiar with cast, fabricated and precision machined components
- Design life cycle experience with excellent 3D CAD modelling and 2D technical drawing skills (preferably Creo or Pro/Engineer)
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- An understanding of MathCAD, Windchill and Microsoft Office applications is also desirable
Your background will be in Engineering Your current or previous jobs may include Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.