Our client is a global leader in the design and manufacture of specialist products used in a range of industry sectors around the world. They are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer to join their Northumberland based site on a permanent basis.
The Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the production of quality designs and drawings on time, within budget and in accordance with procedures, and engineering standards. The role requires the design of electrical, instrument and control systems in accordance with international codes and standards.
Please Note: International / Domestic travel may be a requirement of this role; therefore, a valid passport and the ability to travel is required.
About the Electrical Design Engineer role:
- Design and development of the following drawing types:
- P&I diagrams
- Equipment cabling installations
- Control panel circuit diagrams including familiarity with equipment layouts and component types.
- Interconnection wiring diagrams.
- Instrumentation drawings.
- PLC type and selection, communication protocols (Fieldbus Ethernet etc) and Functional Design Specifications
- Review in-house and customer specifications, and selection of appropriate vendor items.
- Deliver documentation and drawings in a clear, concise, and timely manner consistent with the project requirements.
- Deliver documentation and drawings in a clear, concise and timely manner consistent with the project requirements.
About the Company
- An opportunity to join an already established and successful international business with a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Flexible working options available.
- The opportunity for international travel
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will have proven experience designing electrical circuits, wiring, control panel and electrical equipment installations. You will have a flexible approach to working, a willingness to accept changing priorities and be comfortable working on a number of high value projects simultaneously.
Other requirements include:
- BEng/BSc Electrical Engineering or HNC in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering discipline/experience)
- Knowledge of International Standards, CE Marking, and Risk Assessments.
- Previous experience gained within the industry or similar industries i.e. O&G, Energy and Power Generation.
- Design of LV distribution systems
- Motor drive selection and design interface of available signals (digital and analogue I/O)
- Understanding of HMI/Control system interface systems and relevant software programmes.
- On-site commissioning or Factory Acceptance Testing of Control Panels, MCC’s, PLC’s and Instrumentation.
- Experience of working internationally.
- Ability to create drawings using 2D modelling packages.
Your background will be in Engineering. Your current or previous jobs may include Electrical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineer
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.