Graduate Technical Development Engineer
Our client is a long established privately owned business with a strong history of supplying high quality products to a range of International customers. They currently have an opportunity available for a Technical Controller to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent Graduate or a technically minded individual in the early stages of their career.
Reporting into the Senior Technical and R&D Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the 3 keys areas of the Technical Department which are New Product Development, Research and Development and Continuous Improvement.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
New Product Development:
- Assist in the creation and development of CAD drawings for internal and external use
- Assist in the creation of CNC and CAD/CAM data
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Bill of Materials (BOM) Documents
- Assist in the creation of electrical heating designs
- Offer administration support to our ERP system
Research and Development:
- Assist in developing of processing techniques
- Actively seek new materials and processing equipment
- Assist in the understanding of new approval standards and testing requirements
- Provide technical support to Production Department to improve glass processing
- Support in the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Support Quality Assurance Department in improving or quality output
Hours of work: 8am – 5pm Mon – Thurs and 8am – 4.30pm on a Friday.
You will be a tenacious individual keen to develop a career within Engineering or Manufacturing. With a technical mindset, you will have a strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a desire to learn.
Other requirements include:
- A degree, NVQ or Apprenticeship in an Engineering discipline
- Previous experience working on CAD/CAM will be highly advantageous
- A basic understanding of electrical circuits would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience using an ERP System is beneficial but not essential
- The ability to learn new skills quickly
- Build relationships with internal teams and ensure strong communication channels