Are you a dynamic engineering leader looking for your next challenge? Our client, a highly successful OEM manufacturer with a global reach, is seeking an exceptional Head of Engineering to join their team in Washington. In this pivotal role, you will have the opportunity to influence strategy and drive the business forward, while leading a talented team of engineers. If you're ready to take on a new challenge and make your mark in the industry, we want to hear from you. Apply now and take the first step towards an exciting new career.
As the Head of Engineering, you will be leading a team of engineers and helping to push the boundaries of innovation. You will be expected to develop and implement engineering strategies and ensure that the engineering team is equipped with the resources they need to complete their tasks. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing technical direction to the team and ensuring that engineering standards are maintained.
About the Role
This is a key role within the Management team and will be responsible for leadership of teams within Design, Manufacturing Engineering and Maintenance.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Establish engineering budgets, monitoring the cost effectiveness & reliability of engineering activities
- Evaluate the results of all engineering projects and prepare recommendations
- Provide expert engineering advice to manufacturing and technicians
- Lead and develop a team of engineers, technicians & administrative supports staff to ensure operations are completed on time and to agreed targets.
- Managing the engineering team in the control of all cost, weight and product data structure
- Co-ordinate New Product Introduction and Engineering Change Management in a way which allows all departments to confirm and plan effectively for the variation in machines on the assembly line
- Continuous Improvement of the quality of our product by managing design changes and technical influence on manufacturing methods.
- To provide technical assistance to root cause and resolve internal and external Customer Concerns.
- Manage the design process using commercial, contractual, time awareness and technical expertise.
- Keep abreast of current design innovations and styles together with relevant international standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and have a lasting impact on an innovative engineering organization. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging position, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive experience in engineering and a proven track record of successful engineering projects. You will need to be a creative problem-solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Additionally, you should have a strong understanding of engineering principles and be able to think critically.
Other requirements include:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science related discipline is essential.
- Significant experience of data management, engineering change management is required along with experience in the manufacture or assembly of structures, vehicles or machines.
- An understanding of 3-D CAD – both in solid modelling of parts and assemblies, and also production of working drawings for manufacture (SolidWorks and AutoCad preferred)
- An understanding of stress analysis, mechanics of materials, and the behaviour of components and structures under both static and dynamic loading.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.