We have an opportunity for a HSQE Manager to join a well established Manufacturing business in the Gateshead area.
This role will manage and lead the company’s quality, environmental and health and safety systems in line with the company’s strategy as well as deliver the ongoing certification and accreditation to meet the required standards.
About the Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Managers role
Reporting into the Managing Director, this role will be key in driving continuous improvements and positive culture changes. Working alongside senior management, you also be key in leading the company’s net zero journey.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Determine the strategic direction of HSQE in the business and deliver priorities in conjunction with the Senior Management team for the continual improvement of the HSQE programme and systems.
- Leading CI initiatives in the business, developing effective QA and QC processes.
- Implement strategies to reduce the cost of poor quality (COPQ) across the business, driving a culture of quality control and prevention.
- Manage a programme of internal and site audits / inspections to ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Lead on health and safety, quality and environmental external audits
- Ensure ISO 9001, 14001 and BS EN 1090 certifications are retained, managed and in line with the latest standards.
- Implement ISO 45001 certification for the business.
- Ensure all SIPP and environmental related accreditations are reviewed and maintained and secure any other accreditations which may become required.
You will be an experienced HSQE Manager with practical working knowledge of lean methodologies particularly regarding quality. You will be a confident communicator with the ability to work alongside all levels, have the ability to influence and deliver change as well as delivering presentations to external stakeholders.
Other requirements include:
- NEBOSH qualification (or similar)
- Proven experience of working with legally compliant systems consistent with the requirements of ISO9001, 45001 and 14001.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of structured problem solving, 5S and process mapping.
- ISO Auditor trained.
- AP61 Appointed Person Lifting Operations qualification (or similar) would be beneficial (and required once in post).
Culture and Company
This is a well established business in Gateshead who are passionate about supporting their employees in all areas.
Some of the benefits you could enjoy include:
- Life Assurance
- Healthcare Scheme
- Yearly fundraising activities for staff nominated charity
- Staff discount for major retailers
- 33 days holiday
- And many more!
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.