Lead Maintenance Technician
Day Shift Role (42 hours over 4 days per week)
Hours: Monday 6am – 6pm / Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 6am – 4pm
Our client is a long established privately owned business with a strong history of supplying high quality products to a range of International customers. They currently have an opportunity available for a Lead Maintenance Technician to join them on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Multi Skilled Technician seeking a senior supervisory role.
This role will require a high level of flexibility and teamwork in order to ensure all maintenance is carried out efficiently and effectively. With a strong focus on practical maintenance, this role will also be responsible for ensuring the performance of the team through confident supervision as well as supporting in sourcing and ordering spares.
Main responsibilities will also include:
- Real time problem resolution tasks on production
- Diagnose & Repair Mechanical and Electrical Faults
- Build upon existing planned preventative maintenance to minimise downtime
- Sourcing and ordering spares
- Supervise 2 maintenance technicians
- React to breakdowns
- Carry out modifications on machinery
- Carryout repairs involving facilities
- Support engineering project activities such as new product introduction and lean activities
- Work alongside engineers in validation/cost down exercises
You will be a proven Multi Skilled Technician with team leading capabilities. With the ability to prioritise and multitask, you will have strong organisation skills, excellent written and verbal communication and be self-motivated.
Other requirements include:
- BTEC National Diploma / NVQ Level 3 qualification in Engineering or maintenance subject
- High level of H&S and be able to spot and report hazards.
- Demonstrate methodical approach with accuracy & attention to detail for all projects undertaken.
- Have experience sourcing and ordering materials.
- Experience of working with and repairing PLC systems.
- Capable of working to planned & agreed schedules and timescales.
- Have a flexible approach to workload.
- Results orientated, with a commitment to quality and timely delivery
- Demonstrate high levels of personal energy and enthusiasm and generate the same in individuals they work with.
- 18th edition IEE reg’s is desirable
- IT Literate with experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and an understanding of ERP software.
- Previous Lead Technician/Team Leader experience, or the ambition to progress to this level would be required.
- Electro/mechanical maintenance repair skills.