We currently have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join a well established Manufacturing Machining Service Provider.
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will oversee projects from appointment at contract review stage through to handover to Quality Control.
This is a key appointment to the team and will be recruited on a permanent basis.
About the Manufacturing Engineer Role
You will specifically focus on, but not be limited to, the creation of sound manufacturing methodology to ensure the most effective route through the machine shop. You will create high quality programs that run first time and are capable of producing the desired product.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all drawings and customer requirements are captured, understood and carried through into the manufacturing method.
- Ensuring CNC programs are produced and verified offline to run right first time when released to the shop floor.
- Have a clear focus on ensuring that the manufacturing method chosen is capable of producing the product in the as sold hours, highlighting any instances where this is not deemed achievable.
- Ensure that any fixturing or tooling required is designed and/or purchased in line with production requirements.
- Communicate with operational management and shop floor personnel to ensure the manufacturing method is fully understood.
- Liaise with customers when required, travelling where applicable.
You will be an experienced Manufacturing Engineer with knowledge of production processes and systems. Experience of 5 axis machining and/or programming would be highly advantageous.
You will also be an excellent communicator with experience of working in a demanding environment in a team of Engineers.
Other requirements include:
- Apprenticeship certificate or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Min of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Proficient use of CAM software
- The ability to produce 3D and 2D drafting would be advantageous
Culture and Company
Our client is a highly successful manufacturer and service provider based in the North East. They are a supportive and inclusive workplace with exciting growth plans. You will be joining their site based in Newcastle.
They currently offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- WeCare app (Employee Assistance Program)
- Holiday buy & sell
- Car scheme
- Enhanced pension
- Training & development
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.