Our client is a successful OEM manufacturer based in the Tyne and Wear area with an International client base. The company has experienced significant growth and now wish to appoint a Materials Controller based at their manufacturing facility.
- Source/negotiate with existing and alternative suppliers
- Supplier relationship management
- Maintaining and updating weekly reports.
- Planning, placing and controlling purchase orders.
- Forecast/place purchase orders in accordance with material requirements
- Expediting and rescheduling orders
- Control material stock levels
- Maintenance and development of ERP system
- Liaise with internal departments regarding product approval/changes
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience within a buyer/planning role is desired
- Previous exposure to an engineering / manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- Experience of working with MRP/ERP systems
- Highly Competent of working with MS Excel
Languages: Mandarin is desirable