Mechanical Design Engineer
Our client is a successful maritime technology company seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team, based in Newcastle. This individual within this role will report directly to the project lead and is responsible for the successful coordination and delivery of Engineering projects.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will
- Creating concept and detailed designs of mechanical systems
- Ensuring that product safety is adhered to throughout the design process
- Taking accountability for the delivery of projects to meet the relevant specifications and to the required quality
- Identifying, managing, and tracking risk
- Ensuring a focus on quality, meeting deadlines and maximising efficiency
The candidate successful in obtaining the role of Mechanical Design Engineer must be an experienced design engineer with the ability to meet deadlines efficiently.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary design environment
- Educated to a degree level within a relevant engineering subject
- Experience in engineering design and development
- Strong attention to detail and a proven finisher
- Methodical and analytical when approaching key decisions and problem solving
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory and company specific HSE approaches and policy
- Strong communication with individuals at all levels
- Awareness of market trends and emerging technologies
- Ideally Degree qualified in Mechanical Design
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.