Our client is one the world’s largest OEM manufacturers with several sites worldwide including a large production facility in the North East. They are currently looking for a Design Engineer to join their existing team.
About the role
Reporting into the Design Manager, this role will be responsible for;
- Delivering development projects within the proposed schedule
- Preparing design concepts, setting and achieving quality, cost and delivery targets, confirming quality (test) and introducing to production
- Preparing layout models/drawings and preparing/managing the preparation of detailed drawings, bills of material and sales and service material
- Specifying test requirements, arranging for testing of machines/components and interpreting test results to determine countermeasures required
- Controlling subcontracted design activity
- Solving technical quality problems using Failure Tree Analysis, technical calculations etc
- Communicating with customers, suppliers and other company plants
About the company
With a phenomenal global reach, this company is passionate about employee satisfaction and encourages personal development at all levels.
Company benefits include excellent holiday allowance, better health at work initiatives, a good pension scheme and private medical insurance.
This role will suit a self motivated and innovative person who is comfortable working to tight deadlines.
Other requirements include:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering subject or equivalent
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Design Engineer role
- Hydraulic experience will be hugely beneficial
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software
- Experience of the development process – concept, layout, testing.