Our client is one the world’s largest OEM manufacturers with several sites worldwide including a large production facility in the North East. They are currently looking for a Production Engineer to join their manufacturing team. With a strong focus on continuous improvement, this role would suit a passionate individual who is eager to utilise their solid engineering knowledge, implement change and develop their career with a world class employer.
About the role
Reporting into the Senior Production Engineer, you will use your education and practical engineering knowledge to ensure that manufacturing is performing at its best.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Improve efficiency of current manufacturing processes by introducing effective, financially viable improvements
- Support new model introduction and provide production support as necessary
- Managing capital equipment projects
- Prepare material to ensure production have information to support Engineering Quality standards and support investigations into quality defects
- Actively participate in project teams, improvement activities and Quality Circles within own department and as part of cross-functional teams.
About the company
With a phenomenal global reach, this company is passionate about employee satisfaction and encourages personal development at all levels.
Company benefits include excellent holiday allowance, better health at work initiatives, a good pension scheme and private medical insurance.
This role will suit an experienced production engineer with a good understanding of manufacturing technical processes and procedures as well as a high level of engineering knowledge. With a passion for continuous improvement, you will have an eye for detail and an ability to motivate your team to ensure best practice.
Other requirements include:
·Degree educated in Mechanical Engineering
·Ability to inspire and lead more junior members of the team and encouraging personal development
·Experience implementing cost reduction processes would be an advantage
·Previous experience leading Kaizen activities would be an advantage
·Experience of purchasing and installing plant equipment would be an advantage