Our client is an award winning software development business who are currently looking to strengthen their team with a Software Tester. Within this role you will be joining an ambitious, high-calibre team who provide a full development life cycle.
About the role
The main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Analyse software requirements and ensure clarity of understanding.
- Understand the goals and real-world application of the Test Strategy.
- Define software features, with the assistance of development and product owners and define test scenarios within those features.
- Design test scenarios based on project documentation.
- Test software releases by executing assigned tests.
- Report defects to the required standard to the Test Lead.
- Provide inputs to both the test and development teams to improve the test process.
- Assist in the development of junior members of the team.
About the company
This is an established business who are passionate about developing safety critical software that is crucial to operating key national infrastructure. An ambitious and forward thinking company who are constantly expanding and looking for the next project. Having won several awards in recent years, this business strives to push the boundaries and welcome people who can challenge the norm and help pioneer new technology.
Offering a competitive salary depending on level of experience, this company is passionate about personal development and welcomes those who are looking to grow and develop.
Your key skills and experience
- Be a highly driven individual who aspires to develop their career within the technology sector
- Have experience with Jira or other bug tracking software
- Experience with automation would highly advantageous
- Have an analytical eye with the ability to think outside of the box in order to find a solution
- Be resilient with the confidence to push back when required
- Have strong communication skills with the ability to express your ideas clearly to non-technical colleagues