We are delighted to be working with a highly successful manufacturer that operates across a range of industry sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Quality Director to join the North East team with responsibilities covering both the UK and globally. As Quality Engineering Director you will be responsible for driving the quality strategy, towards a quality assurance (QA) culture. You should have a strong engineering background and be an influential leader who is highly motivated and results orientated.
About the Role
Reporting into the CEO, this person will be responsible for the Quality Manager, Quality Design Engineer and the QHSE Manager (based in India). Providing strategic leadership to the quality team, this person will be responsible for creating a quality assurance framework for this global business.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership to the global teams and build effective and efficient quality assurance in all departments
- Lead the creation of strategic and tactical quality plans to ensure that these are achievable.
- Deliver the strategic and tactical plans to help move from a quality control (QC) culture to a QA culture, ensuring that effective processes are implemented and operated to, with a risk based implementation framework.
- Implement a new customer quality process that ensures the expedient and effective resolution of any issues raised, ensuring that permanent corrective measures are put in place.
- Facilitate customer audits and inspection activities.
- Create, then lead and manage the quality engineering function within the business.
- Use the PMD process and skills matrices to identify and develop training programmes for the direct reports
- Present quality metrics at board meetings and support the UK Quality Manager in presenting the quality data in internal meetings and for the board report.
- Support environmental sustainability initiatives within the company.
You will be a degree qualified Engineer with proven experience gained within a Quality Director or Global Quality Manager role. With strong leadership qualities, excellent communication and an ability to coach and mentor teams, you will have experience with change management, implementation of quality management systems and have an eye for continuous improvements.
Other qualities include:
- Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Chartered Quality Professional/Engineer is highly desired
- A Lead Auditor qualification would be advantageous
- Experience within manufacturing and/or a ‘tier 2’ business
- Ideally experience of implementing a quality management system (ISO9001) or an Integrated Management System (ISO9001, 14001 and 45001).
- Ability to effectively work with others in the management team to embed a quality assurance culture across the business.