Our client is a highly successful Engineering business in the North East. They are currently looking for a Senior Commissioning & Testing Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This role will involve extensive worldwide travel (including offshore) and remote site working.
The successful candidate will oversee all commissioning aspects of a project to ensure the effective delivery of all products from the stage of pre-contract award, commissioning plan development through to factory acceptance tests (FAT), site installation & test and harbour acceptance tests (HAT).
The Senior Commissioning and Testing Engineer Role
The Senior Commissioning Engineer will undertake hands-on commissioning activities as well as produce relevant reports and documentation, lead Commissioning Engineers that will be engaged in the testing of bespoke equipment to ensure they function correctly and produce the expected results. In doing so they will bring the product or system to a point at which it can be used most effectively.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with the project team on all levels to ensure the manufactured, assembled and commissioned equipment is delivered on schedule
- Developing, maintaining and implementation of project specific commissioning plan and schedule (all phases and disciplines), liaising with key personnel to ensure a successful product delivery
- Provide support to bids by producing commissioning plans with resource requirements cost and scheduling information for commissioning work scope
- Understanding and implementation of technical documentation such as functional design specifications (FDS) and Project Technical Specification to ensure project is adhered to in completion
- Identification and set up of lock out tag out (LOTO) systems
- Identification / co-ordination of project commissioning requirements including facility, equipment and resource requirements to deliver the projects safely, to schedule, required quality, specification and to budget
- Provide day to day guidance and instruction for the commissioning team and line management of Lead Commissioning Engineers
The successful Senior Commissioning and Testing Engineer will possess a thorough understanding of the construction and product use, as well as customer expectations. You will be embedded into a project team and will work closely with the construction department from concept stage to sea trials. You will have a flexible approach to work away from home for long periods at our work sites worldwide to ensure project delivery
Other requirements will include:
- Commissioning and testing experience
- Hydraulic / Mechanical / Electrical
- Up to date knowledge of latest commissioning tools and equipment and ability to bring new ideas to the team
- Microsoft Project user (intermediate level)
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Degree or HND/C in engineering and/or excellent progressive career experience in engineering installation work (ideally gained in the oil/gas/energy sectors).
- Extensive engineering experience gained in a heavy engineering environment
- Experience of planning and installation of complex systems to schedule
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.