Our client is a North East success story and is now a leading group that consists of several market leading companies covering a wide range of industry sectors including building services. They are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role, located in Gateshead, will work on a variety of building services projects which could include distribution systems, fire alarm systems, security systems and lighting designs amongst others.
About the Senior Electrical Design Engineer Role
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for undertaking electrical design elements of varying scales. You will manage a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timescales and budget.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Create specifications for Data Centre and Critical Environment projects
- Perform critical reviews of design drawings and specifications
- Manage quotations from subcontractors and other specialists when required
- Undertake site surveys and audits
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team
The successful Senior Electrical Design Engineer will be highly experienced in electrical design on a range of building services projects. You will be a confident leader with the ability to lead design teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
Other requirements will include:
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience with Data Centre Installations is essential.
- Experience in leading electrical teams on multi-disciplinary projects
- Able to understand the balance of engineering priorities on differing projects
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas
- Medium Voltage Distribution Systems
- Electrical Building Load Assessments
- Standby Generation and UPS
- Fire/Voice Alarm and Security Systems
- Lighting Design (internal and external)
Your current or previous jobs may include Design Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful