Our client is a specialised global manufacturer that works in a variety of industry sectors in the industrial, commercial marine and naval markets. Based in South Tyneside, they are currently looking for a Shipping and Purchasing Co-ordinator to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, you will work within the purchasing team offering support to both purchasing and logistics. This is a fantastic role with a development plan in place for candidates who are looking for a career in purchasing.
In addition to the above, the Shipping and Purchasing Co-ordinator will have key responsibilities as follows:
- To raise, process and amend indirect and direct purchase orders
- To ensuring supplier delivery on time to support operations
- To liaise with suppliers to achieve improvements where necessary
- To work closely with goods inwards ensuring deliveries are booked in on time
- To liaise with internal stakeholders providing updates on deliveries and issues with supply
- To posting proposal (invoice) queries, and credit requests
- To request certification from suppliers when required
- To facilitate the shipping of goods, arranging transport ensuring customer requirements are met
- To manage haulier/courier relationships, reviewing performance and value for money
- To generate customer invoices and prepare export documentation
- To utilise available resources where necessary
- To work in a safe manner; driving positive behaviour and leading by example with regard to the company’s health, safety and environmental policies
- To carry out any other duties not listed above as may reasonably be expected
Hours of Work
This role is a 37-hour working week
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.00pm and Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm.
The successful candidate must have a broad understanding of supply chain requirements. They must also be a good communicator, with the ability to work closely and maintain working relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a previous track record of doing so. They must also have a keen willingness to learn and listen to others.
The candidate will also have experience of import/export procedures and requirements. They must also have a proactive attitude together with excellent computer skills in relation to general IT packages such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
It would also be advantageous if the candidate was competent in the following:
- Using ERP/MRP business operating systems (ideally IFS) with experience of working within operations as well as a good understanding of manufacturing, purchasing and logistics
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Understands the principles of purchase negotiation techniques and is able to apply them to procure components and services
- Identifying new suppliers and handling supplier agreements
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.