On behalf of Komatsu UK we are looking for Spray Painters who have experience working to high standards in volume manufacturing, automotive or engineering environments.
Komatsu UK is part of the global Komatsu organisation headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. A highly respected manufacturer and supplier of construction and mining equipment, Komatsu has been providing high-quality, reliable products for over 100 years. Komatsu UK has been based in Birtley, just outside Gateshead, for nearly 35 years and currently employs approximately 500 people.
Komatsu is a business that has a strong focus on employee development and corporate social responsibility, as well as building quality products. Successful candidates can expect excellent training and support in their role as well as further development opportunities in the future through a variety of internal competitions, projects and continuous improvement opportunities.
This is an ongoing, long term contract role and you will be directly employed by Komatsu UK.
This is a day shift role - 7.45am-4.30pm with an early finish on a Friday- 7:45am-12:30pm
Overtime is expected and you must be available to work overtime during the week and at the weekend. Overtime is paid at x 1.5 Mon-Sat and x2 Sunday.
The Salary and Benefits
A starting salary of £13.85 per hour/£26,648 per annum is available with salary reviews every 6 months, that should lead up to £15.26 per hour/£29,372 per annum after 3 years.
Employees receive 39 days holiday over the year:
- 26 Days annual leave
- 8 Bank Holidays
- An additional 5 days of leave that is accrued during the year based on the working hours above.
- Company events and active sports and social club
- Discounted canteen
- Onsite Gym with subsidised membership fees
- Onsite occupational health
- Free on-site parking
- We offer Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it.
- Ideally time served spray painter
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Able to follow and achieve high standards of Safety and Quality
- A flexible approach and able to work shifts
- Available and keen to work overtime when required
The Application Process
Applicants will need to pass a skills test along with a literacy and numeracy test.