We are delighted to be working with a highly successful manufacturer that operates across a range of industry sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Stock Planner to join the site based in South Shields on a permanent basis.
The Stock Planner Role
Working closely with the Machine Shop Manager and Procurement team, you will ensure batch control and MOQ’s are set and monitored.
Job Requirements include:
- Generating and implementing stock reduction plan based on business requirements.
- Providing and coordinating a stock reduction plan to ensure the business is operating efficiently.
- Responsible for driving stock reduction through all aspects of the business from manufacturing to procurement.
- Communicating effectively with both the Machine Shop Manager and procurement team to ensure stock reduction targets are known.
- Generating stock reports to show reductions, increases and areas of concern.
- Producing a monthly stock forecast and present to the Planning Manager.
- Maintaining business system settings to ensure the correct batch sizing for manufactured parts.
- Liaising with the procurement team to ensure correct MOQ’s are set for bought-out components.
- Ensuring set objectives and KPI’s are updated in accordance with business requirements.
- Responsibility for the stock checks, entering data and ensuring reports are completed.
- Active involvement in relevant business improvement activities.
About the Stock Planner
- You will either be working towards or already have completed recognised qualifications, e.g. Lean Six Sigma, ISOH, Stock control or other equivalent qualifications.
- Knowledge of IT Systems, e.g. Excel
- Experience with MRP systems (IFS) however training can be provided.
- You will demonstrate a positive, innovative and motivated approach to your work.
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- You will have good communication skills.
Thank you for your application!
We are currently recruiting for a wide range of roles within the Engineering & Manufacturing sectors. Check out our website to see our live roles: www.extensionrecruitment.com.
Do you know someone who may be interested in a new role? We are passionate about finding long-term careers based on your values, personality and career goals. If you know someone who may be interested in exploring a new career, we have a referral scheme offering you the chance of a £100 amazon voucher (T&C’s apply). Get in touch today to find out more – 0191 466 1990.
Due to the high number of applicants unfortunately we are unable to respond to every candidate. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of your submission, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful.