Our client is a Global Manufacturer operating in the healthcare sector supplying product ranges into independent pharmacy retailers and the NHS. They are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to manage customers in the South East of England for both home delivery and acute business in the NHS.
As the Business Development Manager you will report into the Commercial Manager; you will identify new business opportunities in hospitals across the South East of England. You will be responsible for growing the business with allocated wholesale suppliers and also execute new business implementations across both Home Delivery and Acute customers.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Identify business opportunities across the South East of England with support from Commercial Manager
- Work with customer and NHSSC account & support team to develop competitive business proposals
- Increase customer network, identifying clinical and procurement influencers and decision makers.
- Work with Commercial Manager to prepare and present business proposals to customer
- Build and maintain strong customer relationships in order to protect and grow business with existing customers
- Arrange and complete product training for customers as required to support the business
- Identify business risks and develop plans to mitigate
- Attend quarterly business review meetings; monitor account value and highlight spend decrease with rationale to Commercial Manager.
- Identify potential opportunities for business growth
- Act as point of contact for issue management and feedback, reporting back to the business
- Be product expert to customers within assigned territory
- Attend exhibitions and events relevant to the business
This global manufacturer has experienced a strong period of growth over the last few years and is a market leader in the UK healthcare sector. This is a business that cares for its people and they offer excellent benefits, career progression and self development.
- Must have a full UK driving license
- Have Strong people management and organizational skills
- Sales and commercial experience essential
- A territory sales background would be preferred
- Have the ability to recognise key issues and dealing with them using sound judgement and accountability